Thursday, May 24, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

I always have such mixed emotions about this time of year. I'm excited by the arrival of spring and the vibrant colors that come along with that. I look forward to the arrival of summer and the more relaxed schedules that come along with that. But, somehow, between the spring and summer, things get slightly hectic!! That's where things are for me right now ... in a constant state of hectic!! No matter how hard I try, I just cannot seem to get ahead of the curve and be ready and prepared for the various activities that occur at this time of year.

I have to say that this year is slightly better than any in the recent past. My daughters are usually involved in soccer at this time of year which brings it's very own high amount of activity to our schedule, but this year is different. For some reason, there didn't appear to be enough interest to field a team so we are without any weekend soccer games or weekday practice schedules. Truth be told, I am okay with this change!! Don't get me wrong, I have always loved going to their games and sitting on a nice warm afternoon watching them play ... BUT the weather is NEVER predictable here in VT so it was kind of rare to be able to enjoy those warm afternoons. More often than not, we were typically stuck sitting in the cold, driving rain while the game played on. I can even recall sitting in a snow shower or two during the spring soccer season. Brrrr.

Despite the lack of soccer activities, I still feel as though things are happening rapidly and without much time to prepare. Just yesterday I realized that it was the last piano lesson for the year for my older daughter. I wasn't prepared with any end-of-year teacher gift or anything! What to do? Play with my papers and glue, of course! :)

Here is what I came up with ... what do you think?


The inside of the card was folded in such a way that I could insert a gift card to a local restaurant and it would be held in place. 

I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. The piano teacher seemed to like it too, so that was an added bonus!!

I hope you find time during this busy time of year to play with your crafty things too! It's amazing how much your attitude can change and improve when you take the time to do something you enjoy.

Until next time,
Be good to you!


No comments: